Instructions for Faculty at the ranks of: Lecturer, Assistant Professor Associate Professor and Professor:
- The unit Processor sends a “request to search” in memo form to the Provost Office to obtain approval to initiate recruitment.1 If the position to be filled will be tenured, this request is made at this time as well.
- Permission from the Provost is sent back to the requesting party via email (PDF) with signature for approval to search.
- Once approved by the Provost, an Affirmative Action form (AA-1) is completed by the requesting party and sent to the Office of the Provost and Office of Human Resources for signatures along with the job description/advertisement, making sure to include the Equal Opportunity Employer statement (EOE) at the end of the advertisement.
- Wait for confirmation of the approved AA-1 form either written (usually) or verbal by Provost and Affirmative Action officer in HR BEFORE placing any advertisements. (Notes: Department of Labor requires that there be at least one advertisement in print form- If hiring a foreign national there is an alien labor certification and specific deadline to meet)
- Memo from Dean is sent to Provost with recommendation of search committee and a Chair for searches at the rank of Assistant Professor and above. Formal invitations to serve on the Search Committee are sent out, committee is formalized
- Once the Search Committee is formed, they follow the “Responsibilities of Faculty Search Committees serving in the Appointment of Asst Prof, Assoc Professors and Professors”.
Arrange candidate visits and conduct interviews, following the guidelines for candidate visits found in the “Responsibilities of Faculty Search Committees serving in the Appointment of Asst Prof, Assoc Professors and Professors “, subsections V and VI pertaining to candidate visits and the campus interview process.
1 If hiring an adjunct employee, contact EPA-HR Provost office for requirements.