- After candidate interviews are over and a candidate is selected, the appropriate Form AA-2 “the Final Review of Search Results-Faculty or Non Faculty” is completed and is forwarded to the Provost along with the criteria, the committee’s evaluation and the Deans recommendation. No formal offer of employment can be made until the Affirmative Action officer has approved the AA-2.
- After receipt of approval of the AA-2, a verbal offer can be extended by the hiring unit.1
- Formal letter of appointment is sent by Provost.
- Follow hiring unit checklist for EPA Appointments (if hiring lecturer, formal letter of appointment is sent by hiring unit).
- Notify unsuccessful candidates of non-selection.
1 When hiring a lecturer for a course offered through, and the lecturer is to be paid by, the Division of Continual Learning, DCL will send the appointment letter and process the payroll. The hiring unit is responsible for all other steps in the hiring process.