April 5, 2021
To: UNCG Faculty,
We are extremely pleased that we are able to hold in-person commencement ceremonies for our May 2021 graduates and invite our 2020 graduates back to Greensboro for their own special celebration. Our students have worked extremely hard under extraordinary circumstances and deserve to be recognized and celebrated.
As you read in Chancellor Gilliam’s announcement, we will be holding five university-wide ceremonies to ensure we keep our community safe by following COVID protocols. All participants will be socially distanced and required to wear face coverings. There will be additional screening protocols for attendees.
Please note, it is NOT mandatory (nor has it ever been) that you attend any of these ceremonies. Faculty are welcomed to attend and do not need tickets, but do need to RSVP by April 19. We will reserve a special section for faculty and there will be appropriate social distancing.
We created a Faculty FAQ on commencement (including doctoral hooding) here (scroll to bottom of page). In addition, faculty advisors with doctoral students graduating this year and who graduated in 2020 received a separate email about the doctoral recognition ceremony. If you have additional questions, please contact me or Waiyi Tse, Chief of Staff, at email@example.com.
As a reminder, Commencement dates and times are listed below:
Class of 2021 undergraduate and master’s students
- Friday, May 7, at 9 a.m.:
- School of Health and Human Sciences
- School of Nursing
- Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering
- UNCG Online
- Interdisciplinary Masters
- Beyond Academics
- Friday, May 7, at 1 p.m.:
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- School of Education
- Bryan School of Business and Economics
- Friday, May 7, at 5 p.m.:
- College of Arts and Sciences
Class of 2020:
- Saturday, May 8, at 9 a.m.:
- All colleges and schools (undergraduate and master’s graduates from May, August, and December 2020)
Classes of 2020 and 2021 doctoral graduates and candidates:
- Saturday, May 8, at 1 p.m.:
- Doctoral Recognition Ceremony, all colleges and schools