Message from the Provost Banner

April 9, 2020

MEMORANDUM

TO:    UNCG Faculty

RE: Final Assessment Resources

I hope this note finds you well and safe.

You have successfully completed three weeks of remote instruction this Spring 2020 semester. My hope is that you and your students are finding a rhythm and that each day is better than the last. I commend your hard work and commitment to making the best of the situation and know we will be able to carry lessons learned during Spring 2020 forward to this Summer.

Before we turn our full attention to Summer Sessions, we must consider how we will deliver final exams and assignments for Spring 2020. Included here are strategies for final assessments via remote instruction as well as alternative assessment considerations developed in collaboration by UNCG Online, UTLC, ITS Learning Technology, the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Studies, and your Academic ITCs. It provides options and suggestions for offering summative end-of-semester assessments.

While I am not encouraging synchronous exam delivery, I do understand in certain circumstances they are a necessity. If you decide to employ this solution, please do not deviate from the final exam schedule designated for your course by the Registrar’s office.

Thank you again for your hard work and your adaptability during this time.