The why, who, what, when, and how of UNCG’s Activity Insight implementation:
Why Activity Insight faculty activity tracking with Digital Measures?
- Avoid redundant data entry of faculty information and activity in multiple systems (annual reporting, accreditation, credentialing, etc.)
- Reduce data maintenance and synchronization challenges (e.g., by using Banner integration for account, teaching assignment, and other data)
- Save time by automating workflow of highly manual faculty review processes
- Create a consolidated, reliable faculty activity data source for future expanded use
- Future expansion may include faculty expertise mining, web profile publishing, additional reporting & accreditation needs
Who is involved?
- Project Sponsors: Provost Dana Dunn, Senior Vice Provost, Dr. Alan Boyette, and Vice Provost and Dean of the Graduate School, Dr. Kelly Burke.
- Project Director: Kristine Sunda, Executive Director for ENGAGE: Banner 9 Implementation
- Project Manager: Elizabeth Cranford
- AI University Administrator: Connie Sidden
- ALL Faculty, including Deans & Department Heads, will use the system; specific roles include
- Advisory Committee – primary points of contact to Activity Insight Project Manager for school/college-level questions and needs
- Pilot Participants – ~75 pilot participants recruited from across academic departments for the 18-19 pilot starting June 2018
- College/School level-administrators: provide support (e.g., maintain review committee rosters, ad hoc reports, assist with training)
- University Groups and Committees, including Faculty Senate Committees, with interest in Activity Insight
- Technical & Process Support resources (e.g., ITS, Faculty Personnel Services, Office of Research & Engagement, University Libraries, UNCG Online, Office of Accreditation & Assessment, Institutional Research)
Each unit’s Advisory Committee representative was selected by the Dean to serve as the primary contact for College/School implementation of Activity Insight. Responsibilities include identifying College/School reporting needs in collaboration with department heads/chairs and working with the Project Manager to assist and answer questions of unit faculty.
|College of Arts & Sciences||Lori Wright||Special Assistant to the Dean|
|College of Arts & Sciences||Amy Adamson||Associate Dean|
|Bryan School of Business & Economics||Bill Brown||Associate Dean|
|College of Visual & Performing Arts||Chris Cassidy||Director, School of Art|
|School of Education||Jewell Cooper||Associate Dean|
|School of Health & Human Sciences||Kathy Williams||Associate Dean|
|School of Health & Human Sciences||Larissa Witmer||Assistant Dean|
|JSNN – Nanoscience||Dan Herr||Department Chair|
|School of Nursing||Lynne Lewallen||Associate Dean|
|University Libraries||Anna Craft||Coord of Metad. Srvs|
What is the Initial Project Scope?
- Phase I
- Pilot June/July 2018
- Spring 2019 Annual and Post-Tenure reviews includes faculty activity tracking and reviews for tenured/tenure-track faculty
- Spring 2019 Promotion and/or tenure – access opens Spring 2019 for mandatory/elective cumulative reviews (reappointment, promotion and/or tenure) scheduled for Fall 2019
- Spring 2019 Optional activity tracking and reviews for full-time non-tenure track faculty
- Additionally, data needs for Bryan School AACSB accreditation will be addressed in Phase I
- Summer 2019 testing for part-time non-tenure track faculty
- Spring 2020, mandatory use of AI for all non-tenure track faculty, including part-time faculty
- Pilot participants review current activities and due dates here.
- Login to Activity Insight (pilot participants/dept heads/deans only for summer 2018)
- Get help by contacting Activity Insight Help