The Office of Space Management (OSM) is a support oriented administrative unit with a strong customer service orientation. Take a minute to read our information page. Our forms have a new look, but no changes have been made to the process.
The purpose of our office:
- Providing the official UNCG building numbers, room numbers and the facility abbreviation codes.
- Maintaining the official space inventory and building floorplans.
- Providing basic facility information, including addresses, floorplans and basic space use statistics on behalf of UNCG.
Space assignments and analyses:
- Addressing space requests both pro-actively and on requests.
- Coordinating space assignments, both long term and on a semester basis for all dedicated spaces.
- Participating in long and medium term space needs planning and assessments.
- Providing consultation services on space use questions.
- Developing unit-based to campus-wide custom analytic reports on space use, needs or efficiency measures.
- Creating graphic support functions for facility related information needs, including customized floorplans, location indicators, or other drawings on request.
Planning and implementation:
- Providing preliminary consultation and conceptual approval on planned renovations, and facilitating renovation requests in conjunction with Facility Operations.
- Administering relocation and move assistance on request.
- Managing the Becher-Weaver storage warehouse, and providing storage space as appropriate.