Academic Technology Planning (ATP) reports to the Senior Vice Provost and works in close partnership with faculty, staff, and academic/administrative leadership in all areas reporting to the Provost, and with the Division of Information Technology Services.
ATP’s mission is to:
- promote effective instructional & research technology services and support through needs analysis, planning, project prioritization, communication, education, advocacy, and oversight;
- improve the efficiency and effectiveness of administrative technologies and processes through needs analysis, project prioritization, communication, education, advocacy, and oversight;
- ensure alignment of academic technology investments with the University and division/department strategic plans.
ATP works closely with colleges and schools to develop technology investment strategies that best meet current and future needs. ATP similarly engages with administrative areas to identify technology needs and opportunities, prioritizing efforts that offer gains in efficiency and improved client experience (e.g., streamlining the student experience with administrative systems).
The work of ATP is accomplished primarily through the following activities:
- Strategic Technology Planning – Development of Technology Vision & Strategy
- Tactical Technology Planning – Prioritization, Resource Allocation & Project Oversight
- Promoting Effective Use of Technology through Education and Assessment
- Supporting Security and Compliance in the Use of Technology
ATP takes on additional responsibilities as needs arise.