Office of the Vice Provost/Academic Administration
Message from the Vice Provost
J. Alan Boyette, Ph.D.
Members of the UNCG Community and Guests:
Welcome to the Division of Academic Affairs and the Office of Academic Administration. Below is a list of the areas that report to this office, with contact information and links to their respective pages. I hope you find the information you are seeking. If we can assist you, please contact us at your convenience.
Offices Comprising Academic Administration
- Budget planning and resource allocation; financial analyses of appropriations; ongoing budget administration; fiscal policy development; administration of faculty salaries and salary policies; consultation to faculty and academic administrators regarding financial matters and business operations.
Academic Technology Systems
Associate Vice Provost: ; (336) 334-4426
- Determination of administrative computing priorities within Academic Affairs; guidance to Information Technology Services (ITS) in its institutional technology support role; leadership information technology support for Academic Affairs; webmaster for Provost’s web site.
- Supports the University by leading activities related to University-wide accreditation and institutional effectiveness. Provides consultation, training, and administrative and technical support related to assessment, including General Education, internal and external academic program change procedures, SACSCOC compliance, and strategic planning activities for faculty and staff.
Faculty Employee Relations
Vice Provost: Dr. Alan Boyette; (336) 334-4250
- Consultation with faculty and academic administrators (deans, heads/chairs, program directors) on any aspect of faculty employment, including, but not limited to, grievances, due process claims, and informal concerns about actions/observations within the faculty workplace.
- Management of the appointment process for faculty; management of the promotion and tenure process for faculty; administration of personnel policies; maintenance of faculty personnel files; facilitation of workshops on personnel procedures for units and departments.
- Advises department and foreign national faculty/EHRA staff on aspects of non-immigrant and immigrant work authorization processes; liaison with the University and government agencies, such as US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Department of State, and Department of Labor; preparation of immigration documents, such as applications to obtain, extend, or change status.
- Collects, analyzes, and disseminates information in support of institutional planning, policy formation, and decision making.
Policy Development, Maintenance, Support, and Interpretation
Assistant Vice Provost: Ms. Leigh Olsen; (336) 334-5398
- Maintains all academic personnel policies and maintains the Policies, Procedures and Forms web page; provides academic personnel policy interpretation and seeks clarification of such policies from General Counsel or UNC General Administration; drafts academic policy statements for approval by Provost, Chancellor, Faculty Senate, and/or Boards of Trustees/Governors, as appropriate.
- Visit The University Policy Manual for campus-wide policies and procedures.
- Provides official UNCG building numbers, room numbers, and facility abbreviation codes; maintains official space inventory and building floorplans; provides basic facility information, including addresses, floorplans, and basic use statistics on behalf of UNCG; addresses and coordinates space requests and assignments, both on long-term and semester basis for all dedicated spaces; provides consultation services on space use questions.
- The Teaching Innovations Office offers innovative programming and professional development resources and spaces aimed at encouraging our faculty community to explore, develop, and share ideas about teaching that foster innovative environments in which all learners can succeed.
- The Residential Colleges Office oversees Ashby, Grogan, and Strong Residential Colleges and provides support for faculty interested in piloting innovative course approaches with highly motivated students who are immersed in environments that integrate academic pursuits with residential life.
- The Undergraduate Research, Scholarship and Creativity Office provides professional development resources for faculty to encourage research skills development and to promote and support student success through faculty-mentored undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative inquiry.
Other Links of Interest
- Academic Affairs Organizational Chart (PDF)
- Administrative Lists A & B (PDF)
- Clinical Services
- Compensation Guidelines (PDF)
- Conflict of Interest - Annual Memo (PDF)
- Immigration Services
- Promotions and Tenure - Reappointment Review Policies and Calendar
- UNCG Statement of Purposes for which Social Security Numbers (SSN) are Collected and Used (PDF)